Monday, 23 November 2009
Dear friends, faeries and fellow loiterers
I’m delighted to say The LRM will be Larkin’ About at The Green Room on Saturday 5th December during their rather splendid festival of play http://www.greenroomarts.org/archive/events/larkin%E2%80%99-about/ (there's a facebook page too)
Contrary to our usual shenanigans we will actually be staying in as the city fills with frolics… imagine Manchester as a giant game board…a hidden world of splendid silliness materializing on the streets… we will be sat in the bar conducting a very important piece of cake erm public consultation via our giant cake map.
The LRM create the city of our dreams with every step; now we’ve combined three of our greatest loves – Manchester, cartography and vegan cake – to create a DIY map where you can truly shape redevelopment. Please come along and play with us; devour the buildings you dislike and help us find the edible heart of our world.
We would love you to get involved (and actually really need a hand if this is going to happen) . There are a few ways you can help:
1) Are you feeling arty? We need someone to draw a large scale map for us to make sue the cakes are in the right place
2) Fancy a bakeathon? If you want to help make 300 cakes – or can make some to bring on the day – please get in touch
3) What building would you like to eat? Ideas needed for your most loved and loathed buildings in Manchester – suggestions very welcome as are picture you have taken of them
4) Help out on the day – spend a bit of time talking to folk, explaining the game, distributing cakes and cards (or just pop over and say hi and let us know how the games are going)
5) If you have a car then a lift on Saturday with all the cakes would be wonderful
Volunteers get free tickets for the whole festival and any expenses paid plus my adoration and, well, lots of lovely cake and a chance to be part of loitering history.
If you can help with any of the above – or have an idea that you think would make the Cake Map even more wonderful – please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07974929589
There will also be a new version of an old favourite specially commissioned for Larkin About: yep, CCTV bingo is back – and with the proliferation of friendly neighbourhood cameras your chances of winning a prize and out staring the evil eye has never been greater.
Glittery love and mischief baking
PS There will still be a First Sunday expedition on 6th December – more details to follow